H-1B Revoked during Notice Period on Client location

mkrik123

Hi,

I am currently working on Company A (H1B) . I got the other job opportunity with Company B. Company B filled the H1B change of employer and it's got approved also. I gave 2 weeks notice period to Company A and client. But Company A revoked the my H1B 4 days before my notice period. I am not sure whether I have to stop working with Client now itself or Shall I work another 4 days as per the notice period (I need to handover manythings). Could you please advice me on this.

Is your H-1B with company A already with-drawn or did they just send a request to USCIS. You should be able to check the status by using your 797 receipt #.

Check with company A as to what they want you to do as you were ok to server the notice period before you start your next job. The client may take a legal action against the vendor/employer-A if your exit causes financial loss to the client, so some one needs to review the service contract.

Do check with an able attorney.

By not honoring your notice period your employer has voluntarily terminating you on H1b visa status. By law, they should provide you ticket/ or relocation money to your home country.

Once they terminate you, you cannot work. You shouldn’t be concerned with H1b revocation, is your employer’s job to do this. If your employer has terminated you, you should stop working.

Hi,

I am currently working on Company A (H1B) . I got the other job opportunity with Company B. Company B filled the H1B change of employer and it's got approved also. I gave 2 weeks notice period to Company A and client. But Company A revoked the my H1B 4 days before my notice period. I am not sure whether I have to stop working with Client now itself or Shall I work another 4 days as per the notice period (I need to handover manythings). Could you please advice me on this.

No, you should stop working. Once your H1 is revoked you no longer belong to that company.

Archived