After bringing wife on H4 wht is the next step?

rajini123

i will be marrying in August and i want to get her with me in August itself.So she will be coming on H4 dependent visa.once after coming which is the best visa to her either H1 or F1.

she also preparing for IELTS and GRE Exams,.rght now she is in india.

she completed her masters in united kingdom and she has good comm skils aswell.

Totally confused i am contractor if she joins some univ suppose i got another proj so she need to move with me.And if she got H1 need to find out the job where i am staying bcoz she wont leave without me.

if she is not payroll there will be problem in the future after getting H1.

please reply to this thread..

Advance thanks for the people who gives suggestions to me...

i will be marrying in August and i want to get her with me in August itself.So she will be coming on H4 dependent visa.once after coming which is the best visa to her either H1 or F1.

What do you mean? She's coming on H4, then why would she need either H1 or F1?

I understand why you mentioned about her good comm skills....btw thats not a big deal here.

Totally confused i am contractor if she joins some univ suppose i got another proj so she need to move with me.And if she got H1 need to find out the job where i am staying bcoz she wont leave without me.

dont quite understand your point here...anways she can study on H4 visa..not necessary to convert to F1....also forget about H1 this year..for gods sake she has not even enrolled in any Univ it seems..H1 is far off.

To gain something, you have to lose something.

First, decide what she wants to do. She wants to work?? or wants to study??

Here are 3 options for you:-

Here lot of scarifice is needed in order to win, if she is working in india , i would suggest to work there and apply for H1 during 2014 in premium, if things does not work then you can ask her to come on H4 and start studying on H4 and then later on covert to F1.But personally you have to think about when you will be having kid ,etc ... this will push all those.

or

Ask you spouse to apply for university now itself and join in Fall under F1 , usually classes starts around Aug 3rd week.

or

if you come on H4, cannot join university in Fall and have to join in Spring, and can apply for F1 in advance say in september 2013.

There are some good courses which are easy to complete , take that and get it done by 1.6 years and apply for OPT.you have to spend around 18 to 20 k max for her studies.

• 1 month later...

Here are 3 options for you:-

Here lot of scarifice is needed in order to win, if she is working in india , i would suggest to work there and apply for H1 during 2014 in premium, if things does not work then you can ask her to come on H4 and start studying on H4 and then later on covert to F1.But personally you have to think about when you will be having kid ,etc ... this will push all those.

or

Ask you spouse to apply for university now itself and join in Fall under F1 , usually classes starts around Aug 3rd week.

or

if you come on H4, cannot join university in Fall and have to join in Spring, and can apply for F1 in advance say in september 2013.

There are some good courses which are easy to complete , take that and get it done by 1.6 years and apply for OPT.you have to spend around 18 to 20 k max for her studies.

Could you please let me know which are those courses?

A college degree is never "easy to complete". Studying is hard work.

Archived