Ideal time to strat filing for EB2

Hi,

My H1B expired Apr 2014. I am planning to file for EB2 GC. I would like to know if it is too late for me to start the process, if now, what is the ideal time before which i should start the process? I do not want to go through premium processing.

Thank you!

Hi,

My H1B expired Apr 2014. I am planning to file for EB2 GC. I would like to know if it is too late for me to start the process, if now, what is the ideal time before which i should start the process? I do not want to go through premium processing.

Thank you!

You won't do anything, your employer does the GC processing.

OP - Now is the ideal time to start the GC process. Typically PERM takes 5-7 months (includes PWD, JOB posting, 30day wait and PERM application/ approval). If you don't get any Audit then you file for I-140, which usually takes 3months for regular approval and 2 weeks for premium processing approval.

If you get an Audit during PERM process then it typically takes 2-3 months to get the approval unless ofcourse your employer made some blunders during PERM process. My suggestion would be do it right now and for I-140 do the P/P, for premium processing you can pay for it if your employer does not want to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived