Approved H1, but want to change job.

Indra87

Hi All,

My H1B visa got approved and will start from Oct 1st, 2013. I was in this job only to get my H1 approved and thought will change later. Now I want to change my job. Is this a problem and what are the worst case scenarios?. Cant I change?. Your experiences/suggestions are highly appreciated.

well there could be a lot of scenarios to consider..depends on the type of job, company lawyers, company policies, etc. You can change anytime after the 1st of October, without any issues but my guess is you would need you pay stubs for the prior 3 months at least before initiating the transfer to be on the safe side.

@rahul412: This is not something related to abusing the program. I am just changing the client.

@stanos86: I am a consultant and my H1 petition was filled by my employer. Since now I got my visa, I just want to change my client but not the employer. So can I change my client now and will file new LCA after 1st of Oct. Are there any risks involded?.

Would take suggestions from all.TIA

@rahul412: This is not something related to abusing the program. I am just changing the client.

Changing the job is different from changing the client.

That's alright, you can change the client at any time but that change needs to be notified to USCIS. If not you will be in trouble when USCIS makes a site visit and you no longer work at that location.

Archived