Suggestions for this scenario are appreciated

nvallabh

Hello group,

I am on STEM extension currently(ending 17 march 2014).

I have applied for my H1 through a consultant on April 1 2013 and got an approval.

I have a full time job offer from a firm that is ready to do a H1(they are ready to do a H1 but want me join immediately and are not interested in hiring me as a consultant).They wont be able to do a H1 as we all know that quota has been already filled up for this year. Is there any thing like transferring my H1 before october.

Is there any way I can start working for them as a regualr employee(not through my current consultant) sooner than october 2013(until my approved H1 kicks in).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

N

Hello group,

I am on STEM extension currently(ending 17 march 2014).

I have applied for my H1 through a consultant on April 1 2013 and got an approval.

I have a full time job offer from a firm that is ready to do a H1(they are ready to do a H1 but want me join immediately and are not interested in hiring me as a consultant).They wont be able to do a H1 as we all know that quota has been already filled up for this year. Is there any thing like transferring my H1 before october.

Is there any way I can start working for them as a regualr employee(not through my current consultant) sooner than october 2013(until my approved H1 kicks in).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

N

As you have already been covered under the current cap, you can apply a cap-exempt H1B transfer (valid from Oct 2013) even if you haven't started working on H1B for the previous sponsoring employer.

If I were you, I would request the Full-Time employer for a H1B transfer before I can join their payroll.

Once the H1B is approved, I would then submit a resignation and work the notice period with previous employer and then join the full-time company on OPT/EAD card.

As you have already been covered under the current cap, you can apply a cap-exempt H1B transfer (valid from Oct 2013) even if you haven't started working on H1B for the previous sponsoring employer.

If I were you, I would request the Full-Time employer for a H1B transfer before I can join their payroll.

Once the H1B is approved, I would then submit a resignation and work the notice period with previous employer and then join the full-time company on OPT/EAD card.

Thankyou So very much.

I have spoke to an attorney who mentioned that USCIS might consider this a fraud...so better wait till october to do a trasnfer,

Also if the new employer applies for a new H1B(cap-exempt/ transfer) what would happen to the current H1 that I got approved.

Would it be revoked/?? would that be an issue?

I will make sure I will only transfer turn in my resignation after the new H1 has been approved.

Thanks again

Regards

N

Archived