H1B Extension Visa Fees

Ganesh1983

Hi,

I am in Permanent Position in California. I have to file my h1B extension before Sep 2013. My Employer asking me to pay H1 B extension. My company attorny says company no need to pay for H1B Extension. When I check some forums, Somebody says Employer paid, Somebody Says Employee Paid. I dont know which one is correct. My employer asking me to give some legal website where it states employer has to pay for H1b Extn fees. Please help me on this. Who should pay for H1b extn? Employer OR Employee? If employer has to pay, Could you please provide website where can I refer?

Thanks in advance.

By law, your employer should pay all of the fees related to H1b visa sponsorship. No matters, if it's new H1b or extension.

Best bet: Contact an Immigration attorney; get a note from them on this matter. Show that note to your employer.

Fyi, H1b extension is nothing but filing a new H1b !

For an example, if you change your employer while you are on H1b, your new I797 says that your "H1b extension is approved", nothing like your transfer is approved !!

My employer asking me to give some legal website where it states employer has to pay for H1b Extn fees. Please help me on this. Who should pay for H1b extn? Employer OR Employee? If employer has to pay, Could you please provide website where can I refer?

Thanks in advance.

Do a Google search for “i129 filing instructions” and read the PDF from USICS which indicates the different aspects of H1b fee that the petitioner(employer) is liable/burdened to pay; not the beneficiary(you).

The beneficiary can pay the premium processing fee.

Archived