H1B Query on School Accrediaton

Hi,

I applied for h1b in april 2013 in Masters quota, but i got a RFE from the uscis saying they did not find our school as accrediated in their database,

so they asked me to send the proof of accrediation of the university at the time of my graduation

but it looks like my school has accrediation till 2008 but i joine the university in 2009,many of the other people from the same school got the approval.

i think it depends on the mood of the person

so my quetion is can we switch my application to general quota or what are the options i have right now.?

Hi,

I applied for h1b in april 2013 in Masters quota, but i got a RFE from the uscis saying they did not find our school as accrediated in their database,

so they asked me to send the proof of accrediation of the university at the time of my graduation

but it looks like my school has accrediation till 2008 but i joine the university in 2009,many of the other people from the same school got the approval.

i think it depends on the mood of the person

so my quetion is can we switch my application to general quota or what are the options i have right now.?

Ahh, ****.

You won't get an H1. You can not switch to the general quota.

Oh, and even if **** had been accredited, you wouldn't have been able to use a masters from there for an H1, because for an H1 in the Advanced Degree quota, the degree has to come from an accredited public or non-profit private university. **** is unaccredited and a for-profit institution...

Prepare to leave the country.

are you serious on this? do you think this is pani puri/sev puri stall in india and based on the vendor's mood he'll make the food spicy or tangy?

i do think the same way mister omshiv...

if not why do they approve for some students and query others ,if university is not accrediated nobody from the university should get the approval

what kind of rule they are following?

if this is not kind of pani puri situation in india then do you have any idea how they are approving some students and rejecting some students?

if not why do they approve for some students and query others ,if university is not accrediated nobody from the university should get the approval

if this is not kind of pani puri situation in india then do you have any idea how they are approving some students and rejecting some students?

Forget this "why me, why not the others."

That is not going to help you.

You won't get an H1 with anything from ****, and others won't either. Even people who some time ago got an approval could get things revoked.

YOU made the mistake of signing up with a ffraudulent "university." YOU threw your money out the window.

I partially agree with you.

But issuing a visa depends on lots of factors and no two H1 cases are same. And in this case, rejection has a valid reason.

Forget this "why me, why not the others."

That is not going to help you.

You won't get an H1 with anything from ****, and others won't either. Even people who some time ago got an approval could get things revoked.

YOU made the mistake of signing up with a ffraudulent "university." YOU threw your money out the window.

i agree with you..i threw my money out of window...

but

i am not concerned about "why me ,why not others"

i explained it because ,

yes it is kind of pani puri,if not on the same day why do they approve one student from the same university and query the other student from the same university?

I partially agree with you.

But issuing a visa depends on lots of factors and no two H1 cases are same. And in this case, rejection has a valid reason.

I agree with you i have a valid reason for rejection...

i just expressed my feeling saying it depends on the officials who picked the file,

i have strong proof to say that...

• 3 months later...

@Joe 

Actually This dude is right. My roommate is FROM **** and He got his H1 Approved as well as Extension. in between the time he is going for a evening and weekend class to get his original masters from the non profit- public uni. he is full time worker in biggest company here in Usa. '

@Rahul you are the man. dude i am always agree with your answers! 

@mylaram

I believe you man cuz i seen the case. as well as proof very clearly. its all depends on officer who is reviewing your file. but i heard that this year mostly all people got denied from **** because of issues with accreditation. 

You don't need to leave a country man. just get admission in public school - non profit org and get your master's done if you really wanna stay here then.  good luck 

Archived