H1B Approved with COS but I've a Gap

Avee82

Hello Experts,

This year I applied for H1 visa in PP and it got approved. My L1 is valid till Jul 2013 and therefore I applied in Consular Processing. However it got approved in change of status with I-94 attached starting date Oct 1st. Therefore I've a gap of 2 months between L1 and H1 COS. So if I stay back in US will that be illegal or do I need to go for stamping

Thanks

Avee

Hello Experts,

This year I applied for H1 visa in PP and it got approved. My L1 is valid till Jul 2013 and therefore I applied in Consular Processing. However it got approved in change of status with I-94 attached starting date Oct 1st. Therefore I've a gap of 2 months between L1 and H1 COS. So if I stay back in US will that be illegal or do I need to go for stamping

Thanks

Avee

when does your current (L1) I94 expires??in July??

As my undersstanding, if Change of Status is approved, you don't have to leave country.

Got question on your H1B approval. Did you apply H1B this year on April 1st(2013) with Premium processing and got approved so soon ?. My self i also applied for Premium processing under Masters quota, but did not even receive the receipt. Probably mine did not get picked.

Archived