Comprehensive Immigration reform

kum27

Hi,

I read the Comprehensive-Immigration-Reform-Bill from the website which was released today and I have few questions as I didn't get the language of the bill in few places.

I am currently working in H1b and I have my approved i140 under EB2 category ( India).

Below are my questions.

1) Are there any changes done to reduce the EB2/EB3 Green card backlog. Based on what i read from CIR it looks they have eliminated CAP for EB1 ( Extraordinary Ability & Managers) which is already current anyways.

2) Under H-1B Visa Reform, can spouse of H1b worker from INDIA work in US?

Thanks for you time and response.

1) Are there any changes done to reduce the EB2/EB3 Green card backlog. Based on what i read from CIR it looks they have eliminated CAP for EB1 ( Extraordinary Ability & Managers) which is already current anyways.

Exempts below categories from the annual numerical limits on employment-based immigrants. That means EB2 get more quota for green cards . green card dates may become current if the bill is approved.

• derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants
  • aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education,business or athletics
  • outstanding professors and researchers
  • multinational executives and managers
  • doctoral degree holders in STEM field
  • physicians who have completed the foreign residency requirements or have received a waive

2) Under H-1B Visa Reform, can spouse of H1b worker from INDIA work in US?

Dependents in india can work if the employee came on secondment. That is exactly like L1 visa in USA. When employee came on L1 visa L2 visa holder(dependent) can work.But in other ways I am not sure if work visa is possible for dependents india. This is conflict which may be resolved soon if india clears the confusion and allows dependents to work.

http://www.*******************

http://www.**************.html

I would say: "Spouses of H-1B workers(H-4 Visa holders) might get work authorization"

Archived