Extra Hours on CPT (more than 40 hours)

mrudrara

I am wondering if someone could work more than 40 Hours on a fulltime CPT.

I know theoretically there is no limitation on the upper bound at least from USCIS

CPT is given for Full-time F1 students. How come you worked for 40 hrs a week and attending the school at the same time?

Well if it was summer intern then that's an exception.

CPT has two forms Full time or Part time (in anycase to work off campus)

Fulltime CPT : more than 20 hours

Part time CPT : less than or equal to 20 hours

I guess you can enroll into any course if you want if that is Online course or class that fits your work schedule

How would you even do that, given that you have to attend classes as well???

It certainly sounds like to do not understand the intent and purpose of a F-1 visa and CPT. A F-1 visa is for full-time, on-campus studies at an accredited university. CPT employment authorization is limited to work that is a required part of an established course or curriculum. CPT is not simply so you can work off campus, and a F-1 visa has strict limits on online courses and courses that are not part of the established degree plan.

From what you posted, you seem to be wanting to commit immigration fraud.

when I say CPT i meant it to be full time CPT. to the best of my knowledge i apply for CPT only if I intened to work off campus for full time :)

Even with "fulltime CPT" you still have to fulfill the F1 requirements, and that means attending classes in person.

I guess you can enroll into any course if you want if that is Online course or class that fits your work schedule

No. On F1, only one class/3 hours can be online.

All other classes BY LAW have to be attended in person.

Hi All,

I am wondering if someone could work more than 40 Hours on a fulltime CPT.

I know theoretically there is no limitation on the upper bound at least from USCIS

Thanks,

technically you could work more than 40 hrs on full time CPT ..

but keep in mind you have to obey other f1 requirements .. attending school ..

technically you could work more than 40 hrs on full time CPT ..

but keep in mind you have to obey other f1 requirements .. attending school ..

Which makes it impossible to work more than 40 hours/week. Even 40 hours is really stretching it...

Archived