Transit visa from US with expired H1b visa and having Canadian PR

manickan

Hi,

I am planning to travel sometime in June this year to India, my H1b visa in the passport was expired on 2010 but I have a Canadian PR. Can I transit to India via Europe with an expired visa? Having a Canadian PR will make my travel safe or I will not even allowed to board on the flight here in US itself?

Anyone has recently traveled to India via Europe airports with expired US visa? Pls share your experience.

TIA

Your Canadian PR will allow you to transit through most European countries (rules vary , check the country). It does not matter you are in what status in US, all they need is a valid US/Canadian Visa or PR. I have travelled on AP and used my stamped B1 (never used) for transiting through London. Showed both to Airlines and they were fine.

Your Canadian PR will allow you to transit through most European countries (rules vary , check the country). It does not matter you are in what status in US, all they need is a valid US/Canadian Visa or PR. I have travelled on AP and used my stamped B1 (never used) for transiting through London. Showed both to Airlines and they were fine.

Thanks guys. Chakrakr so which airport & airlines did you fly from? did they explicitly ask you to show a valid visa or they were searching for a visa and you showed the B1 visa? can you pls give me some insight, I am little bit skeptical.

I am having a expired H1b visa but the travel agents say I cannot travel with my Canadian PR as I am travelling from US. One travel agent initially said I cant travel then she gave me a ticket via Frunkfurt when I asked she says I should be fine. I keep hearing from couple of guys who were denied boarding because of their expired visa, so I am confused whether to book or not.

Thanks guys. Chakrakr so which airport & airlines did you fly from? did they explicitly ask you to show a valid visa or they were searching for a visa and you showed the B1 visa? can you pls give me some insight, I am little bit skeptical.

I am having a expired H1b visa but the travel agents say I cannot travel with my Canadian PR as I am travelling from US. One travel agent initially said I cant travel then she gave me a ticket via Frunkfurt when I asked she says I should be fine. I keep hearing from couple of guys who were denied boarding because of their expired visa, so I am confused whether to book or not.

I travelled through Virgin Atlantic. They were looking for a valid visa (or a Transit Visa) and then I showed them my B visa. The person at counter was not convinced, so I asked for Supervisor and she said it is fine. Return was through Jet and they had no issue.

What you should do is --

1) Email the airlines and keep the reply

2) Email the Embassy of the country you are transiting through

3) Take a print out of the Rules from the country's website. The rules normally say "if you have a valid Visa/PR blah blah" It does not say you need to travel to/from that country.

Think of this in this way --- If you are a US Citizen , you do not need a visa to enter most EU countries . Does it matter if you travel to the EU country from US or from another country ?

I travelled through Virgin Atlantic. They were looking for a valid visa (or a Transit Visa) and then I showed them my B visa. The person at counter was not convinced, so I asked for Supervisor and she said it is fine. Return was through Jet and they had no issue.

Thanks chakrakr, from which airport did you depart here in US?

Archived