NOS not being updated on DoS website

sajanjiv

I mailed in the DS3035 on March 18th( showed delivered via tracking on March 20th). The Indian embassy in Washington mailed in my final waiver certificate on March 22. While the other documents started showing as received on April 8, my no objection statement is not seen as received. My friend who started the process with me and whose NOS was sent by Washington on March 29, can see the NOS on the DOS website already.

Any thoughts on what might be going on guys?

I am in the same boat. I mailed my J1 waiver package on March 19th, the Indian embassy mailed me the waiver certificate+copy of 3rd party barcode page on April 23rd, and all the documents I mailed showed up in the DOS tracking system as received on April 8.

The NOS is still not visible in the tracking system.

My understanding is that the NOS statement mailed by the embassy in DC might have reached the DOS location in DC earlier than the J1 waiver package (DS3025 etc. are processed by the DOS office in St. Louis first). In such cases, DOS office in DC logs the NOS statement in the tracking system 4-5 days after receiving the J1 waiver package. People who mailed their J1 waiver package to St. Louis office ~21 days before the embassy mails the NOS are likely to have them logged around the same time. Could this be the case with your friend whose NOS already appears in the tracking system?

Thanks for the reply Arinaram.

That is exactly what I thought too-that the NOS reached too early. My friend's NOS got mailed about 2 weeks before the date of upload.

We should stay in touch about this process if its ok with you. I can be reached via email at *********(at)gmail(dot)com

Keep me posted dude. I have almost the exact dates as yourself

Let me know your email id too.

Archived