Travel during H1B Transfer without Stamping

dascosh1transfer

I need an urgent help!!

I have done L1 to H1 COS through a consulting company last year and currently working on H1 with a Govt client. The client has offered me a Permanent Job offer and they are going to transfer my H1 visa. Even though they will do premium processing, it will take 2 month time. I already received the offer letter and accepted it. But, they are suggesting me to either to travel to India for vacation during the transfer process.

Since, I dont have H1 stamp on my passport as it was COS from L1. I have L1 stamp on my passport. Do you advise to travel to India, during the transfer process?

If i travel, what will be the issues? will there be any issue to get stamping done?

Please advise.

Thanks

My H1b transfer took 15-16 days from LCA submission to approval. I dont suggest going on L1 and coming back without stamping esp if your status is now h1 and visa isnt stamped. I have seen FT employees getting stranded for 2-3 weeks because the information to consulate reached after a month of approval. Moreso, you need the approval receipt for your stamping.

It seems Govt is running out of budget to fund Consulting Company, which is very very high.

Archived