H1B Transfer.

anilmath

Hello,

My new employer filed for a H1B transfer as on March 20, 2013. They are not doing a premium processing. I am going to start my new job as on April 15, 2013 as I already have the receipt of h1B transfer. I would now like to give resignation to my old employer. I have the pay stubs from them till the end of Feb, 2013. I am on bench for March month and I haven't got the pay slip yet. So, if I tell them in a couple of days (say April 12, 2013), can they revoke the H1B with a previous date as of march 01, 2013? If so, will I have any issue with that as my new transfer petition was filed after march 01, 2013.

Please let me know. Thanks so much!

Regards,

Anil.

You need to understand that there is no bench or chair in H1b. You fail to get payments, you are out of status. This means, a lot of trouble in upcoming immigration matters, like H1b transfer and GC processing. There is a way to fix this problem. You need to register complain on your state’s DOL site using WH4 form. They will investigate and impose fines on your employer (if they found guilty). If fail to register complain, you will be considered partner in crime ! Your complain will make sure that you are aware with H1b regulations and have take actions.

Hello,

My new employer filed for a H1B transfer as on March 20, 2013. They are not doing a premium processing. I am going to start my new job as on April 15, 2013 as I already have the receipt of h1B transfer. I would now like to give resignation to my old employer. I have the pay stubs from them till the end of Feb, 2013. I am on bench for March month and I haven't got the pay slip yet. So, if I tell them in a couple of days (say April 12, 2013), can they revoke the H1B with a previous date as of march 01, 2013? If so, will I have any issue with that as my new transfer petition was filed after march 01, 2013.

Not getting paid=out of status. So make sure that you get paid for the month of March.

My advice, don't move to the new employer before the H1 approval. Just prepare for the worst, what will you do if H1 transfer is rejected??

Archived