Suggestion plzz..F1 or Visiting VISA to USA for my friend who studied in UK

swagath_22

I need a suggestion for my friend’s situation.

My friend did advance diploma in UK and while he was studying he applied for the F1 visa to USA and it got rejected. He went back to India for good and now is trying back to USA for his future plans. If he want to come back to USA what is the best way of coming here?

As a student or Visitor and then change his visa status to work visa.

I need some suggestion on this.

If 'your friend's' true intention is to work in the U.S., then s/he needs to get an employment visa. 'Your friend' needs to find a job with a U.S. employer who will petition for a employment visa, and once approved, then come to the U.S. (The next available quota for H-1B employment visas is application in April 2014 to start in October 2014.)

A student visa is for full-time, on-campus studies and a visitor's visa is for visiting -- neither is a route or shortcut to a work visa.

My friend intenetion is to come to USA and start working...As the Quota is finished for this here,he want to come with any visa first and then he want to change to Work visa...As he already tried for the F1 before..so i am not sure if he will get visa again...So, i am thinking whether visiting visa might be the good option....

My friend intenetion is to come to USA and start working...As the Quota is finished for this here,he want to come with any visa first and then he want to change to Work visa...As he already tried for the F1 before..so i am not sure if he will get visa again...So, i am thinking whether visiting visa might be the good option....

That's 100% abuse of immigration rules.

If he wants to work H1 is the only option,even if he enters as visitor the quota for this year has been filled so his employer will apply next year.

With this intention in mind, no one will get visiting visa for sure.If he wants to work, he should have a job in US and that employer should sponsor H1.

Just because your 'friend' "wants to come" to the U.S. to work does not mean he can or will be able to legally. A person cannot just come to the U.S. and then change to a work visa because that is their desire or wish. In a civil society immigration laws, regulations, and rules need to be respected and followed as they are an expression of the sovereignty of a country and its ability to control who is within its borders.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I will ask my friend to come as student..This might be the best option...he will complete his masters and then he can start working after his studies are finished...Can my friend apply for MS here? As he has an advance diploma in UK ...or he need to apply for any other higher education (I need some suggestion here)? If he go for his interview...what kind of justification he can make about not completion of masters in UK and about VISA rejection when he attends interview again (I need some suggestion here)?

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I will ask my friend to come as student..This might be the best option...he will complete his masters and then he can start working after his studies are finished...Can my friend apply for MS here? As he has an advance diploma in UK ...or he need to apply for any other higher education (I need some suggestion here)? If he go for his interview...what kind of justification he can make about not completion of masters in UK and about VISA rejection when he attends interview again (I need some suggestion here)?

Looking for any way to come to the U.S. such as "ask 'my friend' to come as [a] student" is completely the wrong approach. Your 'friend' needs to learn a lot, lot more about U.S. immigration, the applicable laws, regulations, and rules, and the legal processes under them. Clearly you and 'your friend' are naive in this regard.

Further, 'your friend' cannot get a visa to come to the U.S. and then "apply for [a Masters degree]". A Masters degree from a reputable (accredited) university for a foreign student costs $10,000s, requires GRE or GMAT and TOFEL exams, and has specific admissions deadlines. For the majority of real (versus fake or fraud) universities the next admissions is January 2014 spring semester, or even September 2014 fall semester. You have to have an official, accepted admissions offer and the necessary immigration paperwork from the university before you can be approved for a student visa and then come to the U.S. (as a full-time student).

• 1 year later...

Archived