Which consulate is better?

don012001

Any idea which consulate is better for H1B stamping? Case details In IT consulting with an employer who is in business for 10+ years and 45+ employees.. Recently done H1B amendment also.. over 12 yrs of IT exp and 6+ years in US it self. I140 approved. Any issues going to India for stamping? Employer history is good so far. 1.5 yrs with the current employer. Any suggestions guys?

Well, 12 years experience doesn't mean you cannot have doubts. The visa situation has changed drastically over the years.

My honest opinion: I know people say that all consulates are same but it doesn't explain why Vancouver consulate is booked for more than 6 months.

I may be wrong but I personally feel Canadian consulates are a bit better at least in terms of processing time.

If you get stuck in admin processing then India is not a "better" consulate due to number of applications it receives.

Consulates in Canada resolve cases early than their counterparts in India. If they have problem with the client, they can easily call the client during their work hours however similar calls are not possible in India. No proof for this but based on general experience of users here.

I really wish people stop being bitter ,

Canada is better in terms of processing times and based on my experience in Toronto and Reading thorugh the forums Vancouver is even better .Most of the 221g cases gets cleared in Vancouver within 2-3 weeks.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

Archived