Received RFE saying that passport details were not clear enough

JobHuntt

I applied H1B in cap-exempt quota(previously approved petition) premium processing through one of the consultants & got an RFE saying that the passport details & I94 details weren't clear enough". We will be responding to this query very soon. Does it mean that USCIS has already verified all the other documents that were sent & found all the them to be correct for my H1b processing but for the RFE raised for? As in if there are multiple reasons for an RFE will it all be listed together in a single RFE or is there any possibility of me getting another one?

Really appreciate any help here at the earliest,

You wouldn't know if they reviewed and are ok with all the other documentation. Multiple RFEs are issued some times for different reasons, there is no requirement that they issue a single RFE for multiple reasons.

Being able to verify passport details is one of the basic things, and there is a good possibility that they may not have looked at anything else if that was not clear. One your end, your job is to only respond to the RFE issued so far, no point making guesses on whether or not you might have any more.

You wouldn't know if they reviewed and are ok with all the other documentation. Multiple RFEs are issued some times for different reasons, there is no requirement that they issue a single RFE for multiple reasons.

Being able to verify passport details is one of the basic things, and there is a good possibility that they may not have looked at anything else if that was not clear. One your end, your job is to only respond to the RFE issued so far, no point making guesses on whether or not you might have any more.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was trying to apply for my learner's license today & they told me they were unable to enter my data in their system as in my H4 visa the GIVEN NAME: FNU & SURNAME: contains my full name. In simple terms my first name & last name columns are combined together & displayed as surname together.

They have written a note to the US Homeland Security to verify it. Will this have any impact on my H1B filing & in particular when we respond to this particular RFE query to USCIS.

Appeciate your help & comments on this at the earliest.

I applied for a learner's license today they told me that the name in my H4 visa

GIVEN NAME: FNU

SURNAME: my full name

With above details they had issues in entering my details in system & have written to the US Homeland Security to verify what my first name & last name is. Wanted to know if this will have any impact on my H1B case when USCIS responds to this RFE. Will USCIS know about all this?

Really appreciate any help & expert comments here at the earliest.

Archived