Need Help-I applyed online for canada Visa from USA on March 22

mohan gandla

Just to give you an idea: I applied online on feb 19th. I got a request to send my passport almost a month later i.e march 18th.

sent it the same day and it reached canadian consulate in NY on march 20th morning. You can send a prepaid USPS envelope along with the passport. So effectively, that (USPS tracking number) is the only way you know if your passport has been shipped with the visa stamp on it.

My USPS tracking got activated on April 3rd night. so i will be getting the passport today April 4th.

Feb 19th to April 4th. you do the math.

Online processing is definitly taking more time than mailing, I applied online on feb2th and recieved email to send original onmarch20th , still my return USPS is not active. hopefully today or tomorrow it will activate.....standard days for online for 45days...

I applied TRV online and the dates are as follows.

TRV online submitted - Feb 7th

Message from CIC to submit the passport - Mar 6th

Passport reached NY CIC - Mar 12th

Passport received with Canada Visa stamped - Mar 29th

U can do the math. It usually takes 45 - 50 days in online.

I sent my passport to NY consulate on 9th March by mail and they received it on 11th March. Have not yet heard anything back from them. How do you know that they cashed your money order? I have my H1b Visa stamping scheduled on 23rd March. So really getting impatient now.

Archived