H1 Extension issue

srikanthpai87

Hi,

My H1B is expiring on April 30 2013. I can file for extension. But there is a risk involved (or an assumed risk, I should say). My current I-29 form specifies my role as a web developer. Attorney responded saying that I am not eligible for extension since the prevailing wage rate and my proposed\current wage rate are seperated by wide margin (Prevailing wage rate for web developer is 85000 and proposed is 60000). So extension with this role and at this rate(60000) would definitely result in denial. Is it advisable to change my role and apply for extension ? Computer programmer falls in the range of 60000. But this would be a kind of demotion, I believe. Are there chances that USCIS will issue RFE if I change my role ? Are there chances of denial if I pull down my role as said above?. Or should I try for alternate means ?

Let the attorney do what they think right, they get paid for their work and they are more qualified. Don't interfere in their work.

Your jobs are: 1. Be aware about your LCA filed, get a copy of this 2. Make sure your duties/ position are matching with whatever mentioned on LCA. 3. You are getting paid as per LCA salary. 4. In any discrepancy, talk with your employer 5. If the employer resists, talk to your local DOL.

Archived