Payroll Questions

bjampan

Hi All,

I used to work for a consulting company A and now i got my H1B transferred to Company B as FTE.

My start date with Company B is first of April. So far everything looks good but problem is Company A will run paycheck for the month of March on May 1st and i am sure they will run it. I have my stamping planned in the last week of April and i do need to have a pay check from the new company B as the supporting document.

according to the company policy of B they will run the first paycheck after 30 days and 15 days thereafter. So after request they did consider providing me a paycheck from Apr1st to Apr 15th but with the pay period as march 15 to mar 31st.

So basically what they are doing is running the pay check for the time which i haven't worked with them. again the actual application receipt with USCIS is Mar 4th and according to them they can show that i worked for them in that period, while H1B transfer is in process

And again at the end of April i will receive a pay check from Employer A with the pay period as Mar1st to Mar 31st. Can a person have two pay checks with two different employers for the same pay period.

Postponing my Appointment is not an option unfortunately.

Appreciate all your help guys.

Thanks!

Archived