H4 Visa admin processing - status

anonymous100

Hi,

My spouse attended her Non Immigrant dependent Visa (H4) interview and was given a 221(g) form for administrative processing. It has been more than 3 months since her interview date (in December 2012), but there is no update. They retained her passport.

She had her F1 Visa rejected in 2007 for material misrepresentation. During the interview in December 2012, the consulate officer mentioned that he will recommend a waiver.

How long do such cases take? Any idea how to contact the consulate for an update?

What does recommending a waiver mean? Should we follow some process for this?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I am in a similar boat and would love to hear some responses from the experienced members here. My wife had her H4 Visa interview in the first week of December in Delhi. From that time, it is still showing status as Administrative Processing. The VO asked her about her prior H1, but didnt look in detail for the marriage cert or any other documents. VO kept the passport and said that you'll hear back withing a few days. It is already 4 months to date and absolutely no change. Would appreciate some help from members here with any available options.

Thank You in advance

• 4 months later...

Hi, 

My husband applied for H4 visa Feb 22nd, 2013 in Calgary Embassy and is going through administrative processing since. He is currently working on his PHD in Canada. I am working in US on H1B, which is not stamped. I am out of vacation days and don't want to risk getting stuck in Canada while getting h1B stamped.. 

Can anyone please tell how long can administrative processing take? It will be 6 months on August 22nd. I haven't seen my husband since ~ 7 months. I will appreciate if anyone can respond and share their story.

Also I read on websites that nothing can been done to speed up the administrative processing, but can I at least email the embassy and ask for an approximate time or some hope. I really miss my husband and was a newly wed when we parted. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in a similar boat and would love to hear some responses from the experienced members here. My wife had her H4 Visa interview in the first week of December in Delhi. From that time, it is still showing status as Administrative Processing. The VO asked her about her prior H1, but didnt look in detail for the marriage cert or any other documents. VO kept the passport and said that you'll hear back withing a few days. It is already 4 months to date and absolutely no change. Would appreciate some help from members here with any available options.

Thank You in advance

Hi Marker, have you heard back yet? Any updates on your wife's H4 visa? Kindly share your experience, it will give us hope. 

• 2 months later...

Archived