Job Change with EAD - Contracting vs Full-time

ramrayaprolu

1. My I-485 application has been pending for more than a year now and I have my new EAD combo card valid until April 4th 2015. Would the AC-21 portability rule allow me to do one of the following at this time, without affecting my Green Card process?

a. Change role internally within the same company where my I-485 was filed, but with the same or similar job description and classification.

b. Change employer but with the same or similar job description and classification.

c. I establish a Corp, and become an employee in my own Corp, with my job description and classification remaining same or similar.

2. Do I need to report any of these changes to the USCIS? If so what is the procedure?

3. When my I-485 application actually starts moving for approval,

a. Is it possible that USCIS may seek for additional evidence of my employment, and re-validate the credibility of the employer at that point in time? Proving the credibility of a really small corp with not much history would probably be very difficult.

b. Would I need an offer letter from an employer for future employment with the same or similar job description and classification?

4. Would my current employer be able to withdraw or cancel the I-140 (already approved), and the I-485 (pending for more than a year), for any reason now or later? What is the remedy?

Archived