LCA and H1-B question

mothesandeep

Hi All,

My name is Sundeep and I am applying for H1-B visa under Master's quota this year 2014. My employer has already filed my LCA and it was approved a week back. But there was a mistake in the LCA as my employer filed my LCA under IL state where as I am working in WA state.

Now my attorney wants to re- apply LCA under WA state and once that is approved, he wants to go ahead and file for my H1B. I am really worried as I saw the alert on the USCIS website which said that the quota might be filled for this year by April 5th. If I wait until the new LCA is approved and if by that time the quota is completed, then everything I am doing will be in vain.

My question is can I go ahead and ask my attorney to file my H1-B petition this week and send the packet to USCIS with the old LCA (IL address) and then later make an amendment and update my old LCA on H1 application with the new LCA (WA address).

I would really appreciate if you could suggest me if I can go ahead as I mentioned above or if there any other possibility.

Thanks,

Sundeep

"I am really worried as I saw the alert on the USCIS website which said that the quota might be filled for this year by April 5th."

=> Can you share the link?

'My question is can I go ahead and ask my attorney to file my H1-B petition this week and send the packet to USCIS with the old LCA (IL address) and then later make an amendment and update my old LCA "

=> No

Archived