H1B 2014 Cap -- Can different employer file two different H1B petitions?

raviseera

Hi,

Can different employers can file two different H1B petition? I mean, I have two employers ready to file for H1-B petition on my behalf. I do have US SSN and all other identifications.

But I am worrying about the below statement from USCIS website. Can any one help me on this ? please.....

Multiple or Duplicative Filings

On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions.

On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions.

Did you read that statement completely.

It says "duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker". In your case its two different employers, you are good to go.

Archived