OPT card Lost

keerthu

Hi,

I lost my OPT card and I filed for H1B. I am currently working, I have a client letter attached. I lost my card last month. My question is will I have an RFE or should I produce any other documents other than the OPT card. Help appreciated.

Thanks

You need to submit your scanned copy of your OPT during the filing.

You need your OPT card/any other employment authorizations docs for filing H1B.

I would suggest to call USCIS ASAP and take the next steps, firstly you can apply for a new card and it takes 45-60days to get it(you may need it if RFE is for missing OPT card).

On a positive note If your H1B is Approved then you are lucky, if you have a RFE for the missing OPT card then you need to wait for the arrival of NEW card you applied for

Thanks

On a positive note If your H1B is Approved then you are lucky, if you have a RFE for the missing OPT card then you need to wait for the arrival of NEW card you applied for

You won't submit the OPT card. You just send the scanned copy along with the other documents.No need to wait for new card, if OP has a scanned copy of the card.

You can apply for a replacement EAD card.

You are not required to submit the original EAD to USCIS for COS to H-1B. If you have a copy that will be sufficient, or even the receipt notice and online case status showing approval.

Always keep copies of all your immigration documents. Make the copy the same day that you receive the document, and save the copy it in a safe place, maybe more than one safe place.

Archived