Visitors Visa for Parents and Brother and his wife

Yets

I am on H1B here in US and my family is planing to come visit me in May 2013. My parents are above 50 and have strong ties in India so it should not be problem for them o get the B2 visitor's visa. My brother and his fiance (they are getting married in 2013 April end). My brother have a job in India and can get an NOC letter from his employer, but his fiance is still a student. So what should we do in order to improve my brother and his fiance's B2 Visa? Should we wait them to get married and apply for Visa or can we apply now? They have to travel in May mid for 2-3 weeks.

I appreciate your replies.

They have to travel in May mid for 2-3 weeks

What does this mean? if you have any special program here then sending an invitation would improve their chances..but your bro not being married could mean a denial as your to be sis in law can easily find a groom here and so would your bro.

get a attorney's consultation like Murthy's in Chennai.

Guest Noah Lotte

The bottom line is this: you can do nothing to improve your brother's chances of getting a tourist visa (nor his fiancé's chances)...they must establish their bona fides themselves to a VO...you play absolutely no role whatsoever in this process.

No tourist visitor to the US "has" to travel to the US at any specific time.

They can certainly apply, but neither you nor they should be disappointed if the visas are denied. You are only a "guest worker" int he US; if you "have" to have your family nearby for some reason, you can always go home. This is how a visa issuing official will see it.

Archived