Indian citizen arrested in London--need advice on ds 160

sandy3017

Hi, I am an Indian citizen, I was living in Uk for last 6 years. Three years back my marriage had a fallout, when I asked for divorce my wife falsely complained that \i have mental and physically harassed her. I was called bydetective he took my fingerprints and then asked me questions for 10 mins in interrogation room. I told them she was lying and showed them the proofs, and subsequenly I was not charged of anything. I was told the case is closed they dont see any thing in my wife admission and they wont pursue any charge. There was no warning, no charges,no summons, case was closed at that moment.

Now i plan to apply l1 and h1b visa to US. What should I fill in ds 160 form-- whether I have ever been arrested. Am filing visa from india. If i say no will it be an issue.

Does even minor arrest records are shared between uk and us. I am filing visa from india so can i get away if i say no. Looking at the above do u think i have an arrest record. I was there in police station for around 2-3 hours, I was told to wait to get the paper work done, as police didnt press any charge

I was tld that such minor domestic issues in UK does not go to the central database. Is this true. Can I getaway by saying NO.

Thanks.

This is a trick question. What is arrest depends on the particular laws of a country. Let us say if you are asked the same question by the British Embassy. What will your answer be?

I strongly suggest that you talk to a qualified immigration attorney before you say no.

Archived