How to get mexico visa

pandugadusaley

Locate the nearest mexican consulate and visit their website. Their detroit consulate website is : http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/detroit/

Search for non-lucrative visa option. Fill out a very simple two page visa application form. Their requirements include:

• Apply at this Consulate in person
  • Fill out the Application form, English or Español
  • Valid passport in original and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, photograph of bearer and expiration date/extensions.
  • Valid US visa for multiple entries and one photocopy.
  • Valid I-94 and/or I-20 or J-1 or I-797A Form in original and one photocopy.
  • One photo passport size (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, no glasses.
  • Proof of address in USA (leasing, utilities bills, etc).
  • Submit one of the following in original and one photocopy: financial records of the last six months of your bank statements with a minimum average balance of $2,300 US dollars per month; or pay roll stubs with a minimum income of $750.00 US dollars per month, employment letter specifying your position and salary during the last six months; or, you can also submit official documents proving the ownership of a real estate property/company/business for the last two years.
  • If a company/organization in Mexico is sponsoring or inviting the foreign national, the applicant can submit an original invitation letter* (the invitation must have a letterhead, address and signed in ink. Scanned, fax or PDF versions will not be accepted)
  • Payment or Consular fee: $36.00 US Dollars.

Also make sure to book an appoinement online and got o the mexican consulate on the day you selected with proper documentation. I never heard of anyone who got rejected for mexican visa. Even i got 10Yrs multiple visa.

Good Luck.

If a person has a valid USA visa stamped on their passport, then he/she does not require mexican visa. If not, only then you have to apply for non lucrative visa at mexican consulate.

In my case last year i visited mexico, i had a valid H1B visa stamp on my passport, so i didn't needed visa. They just checked my USA visa stamp. This year my usa stamp is expired so i had to go for mexican visa at their consulate.

Archived