interview waiver question for H1B

kalyan_iitd

I am currently working in USA on H1B, My existing passport visa stamp

had "Company A" and new I-797 approval says "Company B" since my company name changed to B, after another

company purchased our old company - A in 2011.

If I visit India, Am I eligible for "interview waiver program - dropbox"

option ?

Or I have to go in-person interview since there is change in company name though both are same?

thanks

Kalyan

For H1b visa interview waiver, 3 major requirements are:

1. It's not the first H1b visa stamping

2. New visa is for the same employer mentioned on old visa

3. Old visa is expired for not more than 1 year.

I think are not good with 2.

Hi wiweq, please accept apology for my late reply and thank you. makes sense, i will plan for interview appointments then.

Before taking any decision, better to call to Murthy attorneys, and get concrete suggestions. If you find anything new, please share here.

• 1 month later...

Kalyan_iitd,

Can you please tell me what you have decided regarding your case?

Here is my situation. Can some one suggest?

I went for H1B stamping in Chennai, India in Jan 2013 and my current H1B is expiring on June 1st 2013. I have to go to India in July. My H1B extension has already been filed in premium processing and is currently under process. My questions is, when i go for Visa stamping in July, am i eligible of drop box. I meet all the criteria except one which i am not sure. I work as a Full Time Employee and recently some of the employees from my Old Petitioner A was moved to New Petitioner B . However This new petitioner B is a sub Company of Old Petitioner A and my H1B extension that was filed was for the new Peitioner B. So with this scenario, Can anyone please tell me if i am eligible for the drop box option?

Archived