OPT extension denied case

sree0313

.My OPT expired on Oct 30th 2012 and I had applied for opt extension on Oct 6th 2012. I just got a denial notice yesterday stating that "Your application was received after the completion of your 12 month optional practical training". But mean while what happened is after mailing my documents on oct 6th 2012, i received " Notice of Action" saying "USCIS is unable to associate your remittance with any application you may have previously submitted:" so after receiving that i called uscis support center they told me "you have to send your personal cheque but not your husband cheque . so plz submit all documents with your personal cheque". Then i submitted everything on Nov 16th 2012. But again i got back my money order with a notice of action saying the same. Then finally for the last time i called uscis they told me mail your problem to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov, then i mailed got a reply from them to " Re-submit all the documents with a personal cheque or money order". I submitted all of them and finally received my receipt number . Now after 90 days i received a denied notice mentioning " Late submission".

Uscis gave me a option to file motion to reopen or reconsider an adverse decision using form I-290B.

Need your advice

• 2 weeks later...

Archived