H1B renewal Interview waiver program 221g - Hyderabad

karma123

I have submitted my passport and docs to the VFS office as part of the IWP program at the Hyderabad VFS office on 03/18/2013. I tried to check the status of the application (03/25/2013) from the support email address(support-india@ustraveldocs.com) and i got a response(03/28/2013) mentioning that i received a 221g requesting additional documents. Can i go and directly submit these documents at the VFS location or will i have to wait till i get a 221g letter to submit these docs? I have all the requested documentation ready but i do not have a 221g letter.

Since there is no interview in this case i did not get a 221g letter in person. Did anyone had similar experience before? If yes, did the consulate send the 221g letter in post? The only information that i have is that i was issued a 221g (no color mentioned). In their exact words,

"Your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending submission I-129, LCA and client letter . The requested documents should be submitted through any of the dropbox facilities."

Submitted docs:

I-797 copy

DS-160

Paystubs

Employment letter

photos

Passport

Requested docs:

I-129

LCA

Client letter

I could just go and stand in the line at VFS office and give it a try but unfortunately i do not live in Hyderabad and i have to travel half day for this. Anyone who experienced similar issues please share or advice.

Note:

This is my third H1B stamping.

Thanks!

My application status shows up as "Issued" on the CEAC website. The status of the passport is still "Delivered to Post".

03/18/2013 - Initial Document submission for H1B renewal IWP dropbox option.

03/28/2013 - 221g issued requesting additional documentation

04/01/2013 - Additional document submission

04/02/2013 - Visa status changed to "Administrative Processing"

04/03/2013 - Visa status changed to "Issued"

Looks like my passport is still with the consulate.

Update:

03/18/2013 - Initial Document submission for H1B renewal IWP dropbox option.

03/28/2013 - 221g issued requesting additional documentation

04/01/2013 - Additional document submission

04/02/2013 - Visa status changed to "Administrative Processing"

04/03/2013 - Visa status changed to "Issued"

04/04/2013 - Passport ready for pickup

04/05/2013 - Collected passport from VFS office.

My two cents, IWP is a very good and useful program if you have answered yes for below two statements,

• You have good vacation time and can spend some extra days in India, in case something goes wrong. Since this is not a personal interview you would not know if you were issued 221g for at least a week after doc submission.
  • You live in the same city as the VFS office and do not have to travel for 8 hrs to reach the VFS office,

Next time i will definitely go for a personal interview rather than IWP.

Cheers!

Archived