Late Payment by Vendor.

sanpaidimarri

Hi,

This is Santosh. My vendor is holding my payments. December payment has been credited to them on march 4th. Each time I mail them they are not responding. If i call them they are saying that we will talk with accounts team and let you know. This is not the first time they are doing this. They are even harassing me. I want to proceed legally on Vendor. Can someone help me on this.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santosh.

The payment issue should be betwen your employer and the vendor, you should be paid by your Employer irrespective of the vendor payments. If that is not the case, then your employer can proceed legally on the vendor. Again, make sure that your employer did not have any agreements with vendor like..you will be paid only after the vendor pays your employer or after the client pays the vendor..and sort of agreements are always troubles

Also, share the vendor company here so that the readers are aware of such companies!!

Hope it is not ********* (which is fraud)

On H1b, you don't have to deal with vendor or client for payments. Your employer has filed H1b for you and they are obliged to pay you on time in every pay cycle.

If you are not getting payments on time visit department of labor website of your state, and file your complain on form WH4. WH4 form is to save H1b rights. If your employer found guilty they will be barred to file H1b and GC for one year, apart from fines.

You can go with you private attorney, but WH4 and DOL is like free attorneys for you.

One more thing, getting not paid on H1b has made you out of status. By filing WH4, it will make sure that you are aware of H1b regulations and you have taken proper action. All the best.

You don't get the money from the vendor, your employer does.

All this stuff is between the vendor and your employer.

And you can't do anything legal. Your EMPLOYER is the one who has to deal with this. Stay out of it.

All that matters to you is to get paid by your EMPLOYER.

If your EMPLOYER doesn't pay you, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

Archived