Any one stuck with 221G at Toronto?

kb.usa99

There are many people stuck here including me. I've been waiting for it since 10th Dec,2012. Status Update Date updated three time but no has contacted me or my employer so far. Lets see how long it takes.. i know few more... search for 221g in toronto in this forum, u'll find more

Stuck here since first week Jan, 2013. 5-10 minutes interview with 4-5 general questions. No documents asked and needed during and after interview. No status update or any inquiry to either client or employer since then. As Mane said, there are many more. It seems like Toronto has lot more people stuck than any other consulate in Canada.

Hey Mane and h1b_221g_2013,

Sorry to hear that. Was there ANY inconsistency on your end? Either documentation or the employer/client? Don't mean to be offensive here but 2-3 months is a awful lot of time to resolve this. I am going there next week too. Just concerned. I have a straight forward case (or atleast i think i do). 3+ years with the same client, carrying all the necessary paper work including client and vendor (EVC model) letters.

What do you guys think?

No Documentation issue of any kind. I had every single document with no error which VO can think and ask. I am consultant and i think Mane is FT. I have BS and MS from US. There is no problem what so ever.I don't see much difference b/w EVC and EC models if you have all paperwork. but what if VO doesn't ask any documents (key point here) !!!

It is just luck or something, and sometimes VO has predetermine mindset for EVC models people, but it is not true if you heard from many people. There are many EC model people have issues (doesn't matter where they are from) then !!!!!

Not sure but this entire process sucks. Consulate and USCIS doesn't talk to each other. if USCIS approves 797 after looking and validating same documents (employer, client and......) then what Consulate needs to check same !!!!!

Good Luck but make sure makeup your mind (ready for worst) before you come here or anywhere outside US if stuck as you never know. 2-3 months is lot of time, but i made my mind before i came here with other plans.

I too agree it not just documentation it varies from case to case there are many people who are full time and still facing this situation and there is no timeline.There are cases where common muslim name got stuck from past November 2012

Good Luck but make sure makeup your mind before you go anywhere outside US

Agreed with Rahul1234 & H1B_221g_Jan2013. I am a full-time employee and have MS from USA too. Have been working since last 2011, dec. But as they both said, there is no problem regarding employment model.

I know few more people who are FT and stuck for last 3 to 4 months.

It does have to do with common muslim names and for others its just luck. I believe H1B Stamping has alot to do with luck as i've seen people getting their visa stamped with even incomplete docs too :)

I was under the impression that FT employees get their visa in few days and didn't do much arrangements for my stuff back there (but luckily got a nice landlord who is taking care of it) though luckily i drove by my car so not have to worry abt it. But yes, i would say be ready for any situation, I hope you get your visa stamp soon. And all those who are stuck, get their visa too

• 5 weeks later...

I had my F1 to H1B interview at the Toronto consulate and was given the most dreaded 221g yellow form. I have a MS degree from US and have been working as a full time employee for more than 4 years. I do not have a common muslim name and neither was my 221g related to any employment verification. I had my MS thesis(research) in one of the TAL areas and I am 99% sure that is why I got 221g. I do not work currently in TAL areas and never have, but my MS thesis topic was underTAL. My interview was extremely straight forward and did not even last for 2 mins. Very few questions from the VO..job title, how long I have been working with my current company, if i have a masters degree and my masters thesis topic.The VO said everything looked good and took just my I797 and resume..returned my passport..He said it would take 2-3weeks. Anyways have been waiting for almost 4 weeks now and haven't heard anything. I was not asked for any additional docs and neither has my employer been contacted so far. I believe they are doing some additional security check on me to give clearance..

So my word of caution to those who are planning to go for H1B stamping..If you have done MS thesis in TAL areas or are working or have worked in TAL areas, be prepared to get stuck for a while. I was not prepared for it at all and it came as a shock..

• 3 months later...

I had my F1 to H1B interview at the Toronto consulate and was given the most dreaded 221g yellow form. I have a MS degree from US and have been working as a full time employee for more than 4 years. I do not have a common muslim name and neither was my 221g related to any employment verification. I had my MS thesis(research) in one of the TAL areas and I am 99% sure that is why I got 221g. I do not work currently in TAL areas and never have, but my MS thesis topic was underTAL. My interview was extremely straight forward and did not even last for 2 mins. Very few questions from the VO..job title, how long I have been working with my current company, if i have a masters degree and my masters thesis topic.The VO said everything looked good and took just my I797 and resume..returned my passport..He said it would take 2-3weeks. Anyways have been waiting for almost 4 weeks now and haven't heard anything. I was not asked for any additional docs and neither has my employer been contacted so far. I believe they are doing some additional security check on me to give clearance..

So my word of caution to those who are planning to go for H1B stamping..If you have done MS thesis in TAL areas or are working or have worked in TAL areas, be prepared to get stuck for a while. I was not prepared for it at all and it came as a shock..

Hey how long did it take for you to get the passport..and security clearance done?

Archived