Risk of applying H1 without client letter

p0tta

My to-be wife is currently in India. We're getting married in May and will be coming back in June. My wife has over 5 years experience in MNCs working in IT in India. Apparently the quota won't last for long this year so I am planning to apply her H1 through a consultant while she's in India. The consultant says he can't give her a client letter but he will say that she is going to work on an internal project. What are the chances of H1 approval is there is no client letter?

The major question I have here though is that is this risk worth taking? Because other than losing money, the most important thing is that, if her H1 gets rejected this year, will this denial affect her chances of getting an H1 approval next year? Is this risk worth taking? Do a lot of people do this?

The consultant says he can't give her a client letter but he will say that she is going to work on an internal project. What are the chances of H1 approval is there is no client letter?

He can't give a client letter because he doesn't have a client that means no real job. Now he want's to cheat USCIS stating that they have 'internal project'. It's clear, their is potential risk involved here and it might effect your wife(not sure) in future.

Client letter is one of the req documents for H1.

The major question I have here though is that is this risk worth taking? Because other than losing money

what do you mean by this?? Can you elaborate??

"The major question I have here though is that is this risk worth taking? Because other than losing money, the most important thing is that, if her H1 gets rejected this year, will this denial affect her chances of getting an H1 approval next year?"

=> It seems you have paid for H1b fees. H1b fees should be paid ONLY by employer, that's why its called employer sponsored work visa. You are involved in illegal activity - Immigration Fraud, forget about any life in USA.

@rahul412 and others, basically if her visa is rejected this time, will it affect her chances in the future? I had a consultation with a Murthy attorney and they said as long as you don't fake your resume etc and do anything wrong it should not affect your next visa.

@rahul412 and others, basically if her visa is rejected this time, will it affect her chances in the future? I had a consultation with a Murthy attorney and they said as long as you don't fake your resume etc and do anything wrong it should not affect your next visa.

It depends on the reason why it got rejected.

If it's employer issue then your wife is safe.

If I apply with a client letter and that turns out to be fake does that candidate get blacklisted along with the company?

That would result in the person getting a lifelong ban.

Why in the world would you even think about doing something like that???

NEVER NEVER NEVER lie to an immigration officer or provide fake documents.

Archived