H1 B Transfer with old employer valid stamp

mylaps

I have valid visa in my passport until Aug 2012, now i have transfer my H1b and got approval.

Now i have to go to india to get my daughter 2 year old. My daughter is USA citizen.

Can i go now to india and come with old employer valid visa and new H1B apporval I - 797.

Please advise me, your help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Nishap,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know if anybody really went india in the month of April or after with old employer valid visa and new H1 B transfer copy.

Becuase there are new laws are included in AC21 on April 1st i think so.

This really helps me.

Thanks for your help and support.

I am in the similar situation. After talking to lot of people and my company attorney, I am going to India and returning back in July first week. I am in EVC model.

One of my friends went in Jan 11 and he didn't had any issues at POE.

My attorney advised me to carry all the documentation (Client Letter, Vendor letter, Employment verification, Agreements between various parties, W2, Paystubs) along with new Approval notice.

Hi Transformer,

Thanks your reply, your reply is really help us.

What is EVC model means?

Is it required to carry Client letter? Vendor letter OK i can get but client letter is very critical to get where i am working.

You said your friend travelled on Jan 11 , did he take all these documents?What was his experience at POE?

One more question, is there any chances that old employer will cancel the old H1B? Will this effect this travel?

Please advice us, it is very urgent.

What is EVC model means?

Employer - Vendor -Client. Not a direct employee for the end client.

Is it required to carry Client letter? Vendor letter OK i can get but client letter is very critical to get where i am working.

These are the supporting documents incase the officer at POE wants you to prove you have a job and working for the new employer. Don't show these documents unless the officer asks them.

You said your friend travelled on Jan 11 , did he take all these documents?What was his experience at POE?

He just handed over the Passport and new approval notice. Officer asked did you change employer? He replied "Yes" and then asked his role. That's it.

One more question, is there any chances that old employer will cancel the old H1B? Will this effect this travel?

No. It doesn't effect your travel..

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finally return to USA with Old Employer Valid stamp and new H1B Pitition.

I went to india on Jul 03 2011 and return on Jul 10th 2011.

Here is the Conversation at POF - Chicago:

> I have submitted below to Immegration officer at POF.

1. my Passport with I94 form filled by me in Flight

2. My New I797

3. MY Daughter USA Passport

Imme: How many times you visited USA?

Me: Answered

Imme: Purpose of Visiting?

Me: Employement

Imme: All times you visited USA for Employement/

Me: Yes

Imme: Are you bringing your daughter?

Me: Yes

Imme: Where is your Husband?

Me: Answered

Imme: Scan your fingers?

Me: Done.

Imme: Filled and stamped I94 in my passport and returned to me?

Me: But seen the Valid Till date is as per Old visa, I have requeseted Office to change the Valid Till to as per New I797.

Imme: Ohh, you changed your employement?

Me: I have changed my Employer.

Imme: Checked the New I797 and Updated the I94 in my passport and return.

ALl happend for 2 mins and i have cleared POF very fast.

This may help people who has the same question and i am live example for this.

All the Best

Archived