H1B Amendment got new timeline than original H1

veeruking1

I am working with an Indian MNC at india. My H1 was filed and the same is approved for client A. I went ahead for stamping and stamping approved as well. Now, all of a sudden due to change in role due to promotion and due to change in the client that I am going to work the MNC filed a h1b amendment and the same is approved. I have never traveled to USA on this H1.

My Original H1b which is approved and stamped is valid till Sep 2015. Also my Dependents.

Amendment H1b is valid till Feb 2014. Amendment is not done for Dependents.

Question1: Do I need to get new stamping done on the Amended H1B or the earlier stamping will suffice?

Question2: Either case; Do my dependents needs stamping again based on Amendment?

My answers are below:

Question1: Do I need to get new stamping done on the Amended H1B or the earlier stamping will suffice?

No need to go for stamping. Your earlier stamping will work. When you will enter US, you may get I-94 till the end date of your new petition. Even if you change employer in US before visa exp date, you need not go for stamping. You will need stamping only if you are travelling after the exp date of your visa ie Sep 2015.

Question2: Either case; Do my dependents needs stamping again based on Amendment?

No need.

Archived