Canada visitor visa application submitted at NY recently

nj_ottawah1b

Applied online on Feb 19th, sent passport to NY consulate on March 18th and it reached on March 20th. I have no update.

Now i am concerned if they actually received the passport because it has been more than 2 weeks since my passport apparently reached them. Did any of you get any acknowledgement (besides the carrier confirmation from tracking) from the consulate that they received your passport?

Already had to cancel my interview at toronto scheduled for april 3rd.

DO NOT apply online people unless you have 2+ months before your h1b interview.

I have submitted my TRY application on March 12,2013 by USPS Mail & shows delivered status as March 13,2013 ,11AM EST at NY Office

Hi Rajeshkunala

I have also submitted my TRY applicaiton on MAR 12 2013 through mail. Haven't heard anything from them. chekcing USPS tracking number frequently, but no updates yet. Please let me know if you received your password?

Hi

I had applied by mail and my application reached the consulate on 6th of March. Still waiting for any update...

Thanks supertramp for reply.

After last thursday I did not see any update on who last received the passport for TRV.

Last I noticed was, person who applied on March 1st received passport on April 4th.

Please update if anyone got the passport who applied between March 4th - March8th.

I have also applied for Canada TRV on Mar 4th In Person in NY and still waiting for the Passport.

Can i withdraw my application now as i have an emergency and i need to go to my home country.

I have couple of questions:

1) What happens if i withdraw my application, will there be any bad remark/impact when i try to reapply for TRV to Canada??

2) Will i have any issues in the future if i withdraw and will it impact me in anyway in the immigration matters when travelling to any other country or Canada in the future.

Appreciate your help.

Hi, This is Rajesh, I have submitted my TRV application trhu USPS on March 13,2013 still now i have not received my passportback.. I am worrying a lot, as i send my passport & original I797 also in that package. Is there any way to get back my documents.. I tried to reach the NY Ph number but it is not going to an operator

Hi, This is Rajesh, I have submitted my TRV application trhu USPS on March 13,2013 still now i have not received my passportback.. I am worrying a lot, as i send my passport & original I797 also in that package. Is there any way to get back my documents.. I tried to reach the NY Ph number but it is not going to an operator

Hi Rajeshkunala,

Do you have any updates? Please let us know if you received your passport from NYC.

Thanks

Hello friends, this forum helped me immensely. I am posting my details :

Applied for Canada Multiple Entry online : March 14 Online

Approved for Canada Multiple Entry online : April 04 2013

Express mail to LA (March 28)/Reached LA April 05 2013

Received Express Mail April 13

Approved Multiple Entry until November 2014 -My passport expiry date (Even though my wife work permit in Canada is valid only until September 2013).

Thanks and good luck for you all.

• 1 month later...

Archived