H1 B Ammendment RFE

dany_sat

Hi

I got my h1b approved in oct 2012 ,under Master's Quota,when working at x client and i moved to y client later for which i have applied for amendment and I have received RFE saying my school was not accredited and they intent to revoke the decision made, At this point what are the chances of getting the amendment approved and can any one advice what are the further steps i can take if amendment gets rejected.If I convert to F1 status can i travel to India , my current F1 status is expired .

Hi

I got my h1b approved in oct 2012 ,under Master's Quota,when working at x client and i moved to y client later for which i have applied for amendment and I have received RFE saying my school was not accredited and they intent to revoke the decision made, At this point what are the chances of getting the amendment approved and can any one advice what are the further steps i can take if amendment gets rejected.If I convert to F1 status can i travel to India , my current F1 status is expired .

Your H1 is invalid, reason your degree is invalid and thus your H1 file under master's quote is revoked.

Looks like you still didn't learned a lesson and thinking about joining a school. Do you think you will get your F1??

Only option, your employer needs to file new H1 under general quote.

Hi

Your employer can file your H1b again this year with your Bachelor degree, providing that your school is accredited this time.

Would you mind to share the name of your MS school to aware our readers?

• 1 month later...

my h1b revoked,my employer filed new h1b in general quota , case is in pending status, How long I can stay in USA,can any one please advice.

1) In the notice there is no information of time frame for how long i can stay. Do USCIS usually mention the grace period about leaving the country in I292 form?

2)My attorney says we can appeal it and wait for that in the mean time we can receive the status of the new H1b and we can plan from there . On the other hand i am worried about the 180 days rule , i have seen the forums where it is mentioned if you stay without status for more than 180 days , you will be banned for 3 years . , Please advice

3)IF i do premium processing for the new petition, and if it is approved can i work. or i have to leave the country as the new h1b starts from OCT1 .

4) Do i need to go to india for stamping or can I go to canada for the same ?

5) I am even trying to get an admission in the accredited schools , what are the chances for me in getting the f1 visa ,

Archived