Stamping in Netherlands for New H1

kchag99

Hi Users,

Need your valuble input for one of my Friend's new H1B Stamping.

My Friend got a sponsorship with an employer here in U.S. This is the first time that he had applied for H1B.He is employee at Netherlands now, working there from past 6 months.

His employer advised and suggested him to go for stamping in Netherlands for his H1B stamping.

As per my Knowledge any first time Employee who enters U.S on H1B should go to his home country for his H1B Stamping....

Am i Missing something here ?? or is there any special liability for employees who were residing in Netherlands for H1B to come to U.S?

Please let me know.

As per my Knowledge any first time Employee who enters U.S on H1B should go to his home country for his H1B Stamping.... Am i Missing something here ??

Not true. People are 'advised' to go to their home country for stamping,that is not a necessity. If someone has a good reason to attend consulate interview in a third country, like currently working there, consulates usually allow visa interviews. You need to check with the specific consulate. I know people with Indian passports who got their first H1B visa stamped in Ireland or UK. Dont see why Netherlands would be any different.

"As per my Knowledge any first time Employee who enters U.S on H1B should go to his home country for his H1B Stamping...."

=> This is correct.

You can verify this by calling to VFS, India. Last year I called them and they said one HAS to come to India to get first H1b stamping. Another weird thing was that even if you are on F1 and residing in USA for years, they force to write resident country as India, no matter you have stayed more than 180 days in USA on F1 (or any other visa status).

• 2 years later...

Archived