H1B visa filed by consultancy Employer agreement

stephen

Hi,

A consultancy has offered me to sponser H1B visa for FY2013-2014.

Subsequently they have asked me to sign a contract for 28 months and pay a penalty/damage $8k if not abided by and have signed the document. Also with the following line in it.

"This Agreement may not be altered, amended or modified in any manner except by a written agreement executed by both parties"

Now, they have made an amendment to the employer agreement and stated in e-mail some other conditions related to 28 months period. But have not sent an updated agreement document.

My question is can an e-mail suffice as a written agreement executed by both parties. Does it hold any value before the court of law or that you always need to have signed documents.

-stephen

My question is can an e-mail suffice as a written agreement executed by both parties. Does it hold any value before the court of law or that you always need to have signed documents.

It might.

Since you have already signed the agreement, its better if you contact some attorney to review those terms.

Email is enough to bind a contract.

Second, from your post it looks like you are associated with a fraud employer. As you said, any amendment should be executed by both parties before adding to the contract. They can’t just add whatever they want. Suggestion: Get a labor attorney and review your contact.

Archived