H1 B Transfer Question

coolhames@gmail.com

Hello All,

I am working for a consulting firm on EC model.My visa is valid till 07/13.My contract with the Client ends on 03/29.Now my employer is not ready to pay me and once the contract ends he has indicated I may not be employed by the company anymore.In the meantime I managed to find a FT job .They have filed my LCA and it got approved on 03/22, and now they would be filing H1 B transfer petition on 03/25. I understand I cannot work for my new employer until I get by H1 B transfer receipt.

My Question is incase if I do not get my H1 B transfer receipt by 03/29 amd my current employer stops paying me.Will I be danger in going out of status ? What are the precautions or steps I can take ?

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thank you

"incase if I do not get my H1 B transfer receipt by 03/29 amd my current employer stops paying me.Will I be danger in going out of status ? What are the precautions or steps I can take"

If you file it on 03/25(overnight)in premium processing, most likely you should get the soft copy of receipt by 03/27 EOD

Even if you do not get the reciept by 03/29 make sure that your application packet is post marked before 03/29 which would be worth to proove that you are in status before filing the new application at USCIS.

Again, seniors advice is highly recommended here

Archived