RFE for OPT Stem Ext

pradeep61

Hello,

I have received an RFE for my opt stem extension.

The RFE states that i need to provide proof of employment in my first opt period.

My opt started on Jan 11th 2012 .I have joined in a consultancy 'X' on Jan 25th and got trained over there.I have submitted my employer details with start date of my employment as April 1 2012 to my college as to not execeed more than 90 days of unemployment in the opt period. I did internal project from April 15th to may 15th and i have pay stubs for that period.Later on I moved to other E-verified consultancy 'Y' where i started doing my job form July 9th.

1.) Now the problem is i don't have pay stubs for the period April 1st to April 15th and May 16th to July 8th for the time period I was in contrac with my first employer 'X'.

2.) Also what should be my reply to RFE for the period Jan 11th to April 1st?

3.) I just have a offer letter from employer 'X' stating that i'd worked with him from April 1st, 2012, will that be sufficient to reply to RFE.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi Rahul

My frist OPT was from 10/10/2011 to 10/09/2012 -- I worked at client location in San Jose 12/15/2011--- 06/15/2012. after that I wanted to get in to other technology so I got trained for 2 months from then (08/01/2013) I was looking out for job... eventually I found full time and moved out of consultancy in first week of January 2013.

I was with only one employer since beginning of my OPT till I found FT.

After completion of my project I was at San Jose till I found FT , my employer is based out in NJ

I have applied for my stem extension in sep 2012, I got RFE now that is May.. I got time untill August 1st week to reply

MY RFE:

1.Documentary evidence of remuneration (e.g pay stubs, bank stmts, etc) for enitre length of OPT employment NOTE: IF you have not been employed continuously provide your employment from and to dates, along with documentary evidence to establish that you had advised your DSO regarding the interruption of your employment. (as I was with same employer I did not update anything till I found FT to DSO)

MY RFE:

1.Documentary evidence of remuneration (e.g pay stubs, bank stmts, etc) for enitre length of OPT employment NOTE: IF you have not been employed continuously provide your employment from and to dates, along with documentary evidence to establish that you had advised your DSO regarding the interruption of your employment. (as I was with same employer I did not update anything till I found FT to DSO)

In OPT, you are not suppose to be unemployed for more than 90days. If you have been unemployed for more than 90days then ext will be rejected. You have to show the proof that you we employed during OPT by submitting your pay stubs or employment verification letters.

Archived