H4 Status for kid


Recommended Posts


I am planning to change job on EAD basis, currently my kid is on H4 if I go with EAD then what would happend to my kid? he is 3 years old and India born.

Will he be out of status? If not and he go out of country, while return what would be his papers required at immigration?



Link to comment

When you use an EAD, you would no longer be on H1, and the H4s of dependents would become invalid. The dependents would have their I-485s filed to be in legal status. The dependents would need AP to travel abroad and be able to come back.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.