No Projects, Employer's asking to go work at the offshore. Suggest possible solutions to save my H1B

kanna.rajd@gmail.com

I have been asked by my company to leave the US and travel back to india and work at our offshore office since the client here has no projects to offer at this point. I have a valid H1B visa active since Oct 2012. And nothing is sure or guaranteed with my company if they will bring me back to US when the projects are ready in the future. I seriously cannot rely on them. I was thinking of a back up plan to apply for a 2nd Masters degree for Fall'13 in one of the local universities and submit an application to USCIS for H1 to F1 conversion. Since the H1 to F1 conversion takes about 2 to 3 months I was thinking to stay back in US and use this breather time to search for a sponsoring employer who would transfer my H1B. So, does this idea let me stay in the US without going out of status? Does this sound as an idea that could work?Are ther any loop holes with this idea? Also kindly suggest any other ideas you have.

Thanks and Best Regards

For an F1, you have to have the intent to go back to your home country. It seems you don't want to do that...

If you want to stay on H1, find another employer, and forget trying to use an F1 to "bridge" some gap. An F1 is for studying for real.

Archived