Legal size envelopes to send for DS3035 J1 waiver application???

miteshsanghvi

Hi everybody,

I have applied for DS3035 (J1 waiver) on March 1st and sent all the documents the same day. They received all the necessary documents on March 4. However, I still do not see any updates on their website when I check the status using my case #.

I was thinking whether is there anything wrong and I could think of only one thing. Two self addressed stamped legal size envelopes that one has to sent with all the other documents. Does it have to be A4 size big envelope or small envelopes where you have to fold document three times to put it in? Check the link below from DOS website.

http://travel.state....ess_Example.pdf

Any of you who already received the waiver, would you please share your experience?

Thank you.

The size of the self addressed envelope should not matter. Even though you had sent the documents from your side probably they are waiting for the final NOC from Indian Embassy at Washington D.C. Once it reaches them you would get the favorable recommendation from DOS within a couple of weeks.

Good luck

Thanks Jairichi!! I thought the same but I still wanted to check in the forum. I checked with DC consulate and they had sent the NOC to US DOS on March 2nd itself. So its been about 2+ weeks and do not see any update on DOS website so I was little panicking. Hopefully, in next few days they will update my status.

• 5 months later...

Hi MiteshSanghvi,

I am in the same boat as you were a few weeks ago. Could anyone please tell me what is the size of the envelope that we need to send? When you click on the DOS link the size looks like 4 1/8 inches by 9 1/2 inches. Could anyone please advise? Also the form DS-3035 says that"Check that the exchange visitor's case number and country/region of last residence" What does country of last residence mean? I am an Indian Citizen, but currently in US doing research? Will my country of last residence be India/USA?

Ay help is greatley appreciated.

Thanks

Archived