cap exempt H1B petition by employer B possible after cap-subject H1B petition by employer A

kallumama

I am currently in India and getting an H1B petition thru employer A in USA. However, I do not wish to join them.

Employer B will not be able to hit the April 1st week deadline. Once employer A's petition is approved, will I be cap-exempt if employer B files for a fresh H1B petition and I directly join employer B on Oct 1 without joining employer A at all? Will the H1B petition by employer A make me cap-exempt even if I don't join them?

Employer B will not be able to hit the April 1st week deadline. Once employer A's petition is approved, will I be cap-exempt if employer B files for a fresh H1B petition and I directly join employer B on Oct 1 without joining employer A at all? Will the H1B petition by employer A make me cap-exempt even if I don't join them?

yes, that's possible. Make sure your first petition is approved, if not you won't come under cap-exempt.

I am currently in India and getting an H1B petition thru employer A in USA. However, I do not wish to join them.

hmm be careful about your contract .. if you are violating any employment agreement you could be facing legal issues ..

yes, that's possible. Make sure your first petition is approved, if not you won't come under cap-exempt.

Nice to know that. Could you explain a little: "Make sure your first petition is approved".

Once I tell company A that I will not be joining, they will most probably withdraw their petition. Could I still join company B after company A withdraws its petition. I feel the answer is yes because I would have been counted in the cap. Can the experts verify. Would company B need the I-797 of company A's approved petition? I don't think company A will give it to me if I tell them I wont be joining.

Archived