Successful Visa Stamping on Mar 15th @ Vancouver

MarkKing

My Profile:

Second H1b Stamping

Same employer from last 3 years

Same client from last 12 months

B.tech ECE

Visa Questions:

How long you have been with this employer?

Who is client?

How long you have been with this Client?

What you do at this client?

Did you study in US?

Whats you highest Degree?

From which university?

Give me below documents

Last 2 years W2

Last 1 year Pay Slips

I 129 (Seems like VO cross checked the client address with LCA and I129)

LCA

I observed some of the people in this forum who doesn't have US degree are worrying a bit, in my opinion it doesn't matter with US degree as long as you have all the remaining documents.

If you have a US degree from non accredited university its better to prepare good answer for that especially when you change from good university to non accredited - One of our friend who has interview on the same day got this question but it doesn't mean they will ask every one. I am just giving heads up (He also got his visa by the way :) )

I am @ Vancouver from last 4 days and didn't heard 221g. Around 7-8 people attended interview on the same day everyone got approved. so no need to worry.

Hotel: Days Inn

Pros:

You can meet our people who already finished interviews and people about to attend i think which helps us.

Many food courts and coffee shops are with in walkable distance

They have printer downstairs if you miss docs last minute

Food Courts:

One opposite to Convention Center has inexpensive regular eat outs

Mc D

Starbucks

Some thing like Jamba Juice

Thai food

Some Pizza shop (Dont even think about this - not good at all)

blah blah

Expensive but worth it:

Cactus Club Cafe

Buffalo Butcher

Some Tips:

You can withdraw money from Scotia bank ATM opposite to Days Inn - There is no surcharge if you have Bank of America Debit card

Use Google Voice or Viber, Talkatone apps if you have iphone or Android for India and US calls through Wifi - Its better if you have AT&T 80mins/30$ international plan for emergency but not 100% needed.

All the best guys...:)

Congrats dude, and thanks for the detailed explanation.

Could you please tell us how did your friend answer for the below question?

If you have a US degree from non accredited university its better to prepare good answer for that especially when you change from good university to non accredited - One of our friend who has interview on the same day got this question but it doesn't mean they will ask every one. I am just giving heads up (He also got his visa by the way :) )

Thanks,

My Profile:

Second H1b Stamping

B.tech ECE

Visa Questions:

Who is client?

Did you study in US?

From which university?

Give me below documents

Last 2 years W2

Last 1 year Pay Slips

LCA

I observed some of the people in this forum who doesn't have US degree are worrying a bit, in my opinion it doesn't matter with US degree as long as you have all the remaining documents.

I am @ Vancouver from last 4 days and didn't heard 221g. Around 7-8 people attended interview on the same day everyone got approved. so no need to worry.

Pros:

You can meet our people who already finished interviews and people about to attend i think which helps us.

Food Courts:

Mc D

Starbucks

Thai food

blah blah

Expensive but worth it:

Cactus Club Cafe

Buffalo Butcher

Some Tips:

You can withdraw money from Scotia bank ATM opposite to Days Inn - There is no surcharge if you have Bank of America Debit card

Use Google Voice or Viber, Talkatone apps if you have iphone or Android for India and US calls through Wifi - Its better if you have AT&T 80mins/30$ international plan for emergency but not 100% needed.

Thank You for the Valuable information.

I will be attending interview on 2nd of April in Ottawa.

Can you please let me know if any one of ur frds attended interview in Ottawa. Seems like Ottawa is bit strict and some people are getting 221g white, pink and blue slips.

Also I am a EVC and I dont have client letter, My Clint wont give out any letters.

I have my Prime vendor letter. Will that be enough?

Client letter is mandatory for the interview. Their are few people who got it without this letter but that's 100% risk taking.

Thank you for the reply guys

But I have a letter from my vendor mentioning that not to ask Client for a letter because of that the client and vendor relations will effect. Wont that letter be enough also I have my name and photo in the org chat, badge ID, recent conversation emails with my manager, photos of my desk,building, etc

So if i provide all these docs along with prime vendor letter and my employer letter wont that be enough?

Thank you for the reply guys

But I have a letter from my vendor mentioning that not to ask Client for a letter because of that the client and vendor relations will effect. Wont that letter be enough also I have my name and photo in the org chat, badge ID, recent conversation emails with my manager, photos of my desk,building, etc

That some times works, if you are lucky.

Here its not the matter of client vendor relationship, its about your VISA(future). If you want it then ask them.

Congrats dude, and thanks for the detailed explanation.

Could you please tell us how did your friend answer for the below question?

Thanks,

@Sagi85

My Friend told him that he liked the courses that university is offering. But he has another Master's from UK. So Visa officer asked him from which university he did master's in UK and university he attended for bachelor's in india.

Today updates - I met 6 people today. Every one got visa. And questions are pretty much same. No surprise ones.

Kumartc1@ - Currently its taking 3 days to get your passports back.

Priya162@ - Sorry Priya all my friends attended at vancouver only. Below is just my opinion i am not a Pro I am also the just the same person worried person like you guys till yesterday. Get some more opinions from people who people attended/attending. Below is with just with my little knowledge.

- I am seeing some people got visas with out client letter but atleast they have emails from client manager or HR stating that as per their policy they cannot provide client letter. atleast get one from your manager like that.

- I think in my opinion vendor letter is not enough and if they ask about vendors thats fine but don't give answers which leads to some more questions-

- Try to talk to your manager and get that email atleast. And will your manager reply incase of 221g?

- If possible change location to vancouver if you think ottawa is a bit strict.

- In my opinion you are taking risk but that does't mean they give 221g for every one who don't have client letter it depends how you convince them.

My Profile:

Second H1b Stamping

B.tech ECE

Visa Questions:

Who is client?

Did you study in US?

From which university?

Give me below documents

Last 2 years W2

Last 1 year Pay Slips

LCA

Pros:

Food Courts:

Mc D

Starbucks

Thai food

blah blah

Expensive but worth it:

Cactus Club Cafe

Buffalo Butcher

Some Tips:

Thanks For the information..

Do you think Canada will be a good option for H4-H1 Visa stamping or i should go to home country?

Thanks For the information..

Do you think Canada will be a good option for H4-H1 Visa stamping or i should go to home country?

Thank you mark for your valuable suggestion.

I will try with my client to get at least the letter from HR stating they wont provide the client letter.

Also I already spoke to my client manager he said he will respond if any email or call from US consulate.

Archived