How many days after my Visa stamp in Passport I must be in the USA?

sirishach435

I am from India, I got H1B visa in the February month (i.e. on 02/07/2013) to work in the USA. I have indicated my intended date of arrival as 03/08/2013 (8th March 2013) in the DS-160 form. But due to some unforeseen reasons I could not able to make it as I mentioned. Now I am proposing to plan my travel in the 3rd week of April'2013. Some of my friends told me like I should be in USA to work within a two months from the date of H1B visa stamp in the passport, and even though if I am not there My employer has to pay the taxes to federal government. Is it true.

My underlined important question is, is there any constraint like one should be there in USA within the stipulated time period from the date of H1B visa stamp. Please help me in this regard.

Regards

Sirish

There is no limit. However, be sure you have current offer/job information if you are delayed because jobs vanish when people do not show up to fill them. You have a bigger issue with your employer about the delay than immigration officers.

There is no fixed limit. Whenever you enter, you need to have bona fide employment

and should have letters to support the same. Get a letter from your employer

that you are joining them late. Or get a fresh offer letter that mentions new joining date.

Your employer attorney should be able to address this

My underlined important question is, is there any constraint like one should be there in USA within the stipulated time period from the date of H1B visa stamp. Please help me in this regard.

You can enter into US at anytime on any day. All you need is valid VISA and supporting documents.

Archived