Green card eligibility for a 3 year diploma holder (10 + 2 + 3 = 15 years of total education) from Government Polytechnic in India

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have completed diploma in electronics and communications engineering from Government Polytechnic in India during April 1996. This diploma course is after 10 + 2 years of secondary & higher secondary school education in India. I am working in telecommunications engineering since 1996 and have total 17 years of working experience (9 years in India + 4 years in Ghana + 4 years in the USA). Am I eligible for a US green card through my employer. What needs to be done in order to qualify for the US green card under EB2 / EB3 category. Has anyone seen a case like this. Would appreciate if someone can help me on tis. Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

In most cases, an employment based immigrant to the United States is required to have received and accepted a job offer from a US employer. The employment based immigrant category will depend on the requirements of the offered position. The EB-2 category is for jobs requiring an advanced degree (Masters or Bachelor's plus five years of progressively responsible experience) as a minimum requirement. The EB-3 category is for professionals, skilled workers or others (jobs requiring typically a Bachelor's degree or specialized training or work experience). It may be helpful to discuss this with a qualified immigration attorney for additional nuances which could be applicable, vis a vis educational equivalency rules.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.