Successful stamping @ Vancouver, Canada on March 15th.

Harika Chowdary

Hello All,

First of all, I'm very much thankful to Murthy Forum & all the members who shared their experiences with us.

My Interview was at 10:30 AM on March 15th. My Visa Interview was at counter no # 4 in 20th floor and the interview went for 8-10 mins like a rapid fire with hell no of qns and here is the list of qns asked by VO:

VO: Did you study in US?

VO: Which univ?

VO: Where did you finish your under grad?

VO: What is your major in B.Tech & MS?

VO: Can you pls provide your transcripts for both B Tech & MS?

VO: Whom do you work for? (both client & company)

VO: What is your role?

Vo: Briefly explain about your duties & how they will be helpful to your client XXX?

VO: How long have you been working for your employer?

VO: How long have you been working for your client?

VO: Where is the client located ? ( I said my client has multiple locations) immediately nxt qn..

VO: Where do you work? (which location)

VO: Can I see your LCA?

VO: Can i see your W-2 for the year 2011 & 2012 ?

VO: Can I see your I-129 form?

VO: Can I see your pay stubs?

Finally he checked all my certificates & documents..he typed something in the computer & finally he said that my visa has been approved..!!!

VO: Your Visa is Approved and you will get your passport in 3 business days.

I went with my friends, we all of them(3 ppl) got Visa, but their interview was very smooth & damn cool with jst 2-4 basic qns for 2mins.. :)

All the best guys!!!

Sruthi,

I am planning to go to Vancouver for visa stamping. Please tell me how do i get started?

1. Do i need a Canadian Visa? If so how?

2. Do i need to book a return ticket?

I have other questions. Please edmail me at mabcdn@gmail.com. I would be highly grateful to you.

Thank you

Irfan

Hi Apr4,

My major is CSE in B.Tech & CE (Computer Engg) in Master's.

Hi Irfan,

Yes you need to have Canada Visa and please find the below details for the same:

Documents needed for Canadian Visa:

You can download all these forms from the Canadian Embassy website. (Google Canada Embassy New york or Canada Embassy LA)

FORM -- CHECKLIST

IMM5257E FORM -- PERSONAL INFORMATION (This is the form where you are asked ur personal information. The place where i got stuck on this form is in the Detail of Visit to Canada box.

1a) Other

1b) H1b Stamping, US Consulate

4) 1. Embassy of the United States of America

and its address.

It will be a 4 page pdf, after you fill the form in truth, and "Validate" it at the bottom, it becomes a 5 page document, print all the 5 pages, staple them and sign and date at the bottom.

IMM5645E FORM -- FAMILY INFORMATION -- Put N/A where not applicable. Like if you dont have kids, put N/A.

IMM5257E FORM -- USING A REPRESENTATIVE ( I used this form since i was using a rep to send my package to the embassy)

I-797 FORM -- H1B COPY -- Not original,, xerox copy,,

150 DOLLARS MONEY ORDER.. (u can get it in any USPS\. If NY or LA, in the name of Consulate General of Canada,, please check it again, else it goes waste...U can get it for 75 dollars for single entry or 150 dollars for a multiple entry, i prefer multiple entry)

2 PHOTOGRAPHS -- SIGN AND DATE ON THE BACK ( take it in walgreens,,they have the specs in a dropdown in their application)

VALID PASSPORT

3-6 MONTHS PAYSTUBS

BANK STATEMENTS STATEMENT ( I would say, have atleast 3 bank statements that shows more than 4000 dollars or one bank statement with around 6000-7000 dollars in it. I did the later one)

EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER

Thanks,

Sruthi

Archived